Could God be calling you to be a Franciscan Sister?
- Gather information and get into contact with Sister Pam (314-965-3700)
- Continue to pray and seek a closer relationship with God.
- Find a spiritual guide who can help you hear God’s voice. To find a spiritual guide/director call us at 314-965-3700
- Contact a group of Sisters who have captured your interest.
Process of Becoming a Sister
During this process you would be companioned and directed by a Sister who has special background in assisting women discern their call and in teaching women about being a Sister.
- First spend time getting to know the Sisters for an extended time – pray with them, hang out with them, go to dinner with them, serve with them.
- If this goes well and God is in it, they will invite you to live with them for about a year. You would still go to your usual job, keep contact with family and friends and learn the life of the Sisters.
- Next you make a formal application and enter a year of more formal study and commitment.
- Then would be two intensive years of preparation called The Novitiate. You would be called “Sister”, continue to study, pray and minister to God’s people.
- You would then pronounce first vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. Three to five years later, you would pronounce final vows and receive the ring as a symbol of your lifelong commitment as a Sister.